Based in Tashkent, Uzbekistan (with possible occasional travel)
Full Time – Fixed term contract for services
Until March 2020
Salary range: $1,100 gross per month
The Programme – UzParl-I
During 2019-22, in partnership with the British Embassy, Tashkent, Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) will implement a programme providing support to Oliy Majilis contributing to Uzbekistan’s reform process. The package of support will provide exposure to international good practices and seeks to aid the parliament, enhancing its legislative, oversight and representation functions. The programme will be managed from a new office established in Tashkent with oversight and technical support provided from our headquarters in London.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Programme Administrative and Finance Assistant (PAFA) will play a critical role in assisting the Country Representative in Uzbekistan with the implementation of this programme.
This role is responsible for the accurate and efficient preparation and coordination of financial and administrative procedures related to the programme. This role will need to communicate effectively both internally within the programme office and WFD’s head office in London and externally with other key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience
• First degree or similar, in a relevant discipline
• Experience of, and excellent abilities in, financial administration including management of cash flows, balance sheets, sizeable budgets (planning, monitoring and reporting), and experience of using accounting packages
• At least two years’ experience in office administration, with high levels of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, databases)
• Experience of project management and in particular gathering and consolidating information for monitoring and evaluation and impact reporting
• Excellent levels of spoken and written English
• Experience of procurement, and use of hardware, software, scanners and other office equipment
For more information, please download the job description.
This is a locally based field role, applicants must be eligible to work in the relevant location.
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form, email your application form to email@example.com by the closing date. Please state clearly the JOB TITLE, LOCATION and YOUR NAME in the email subject when submitting your application.
Closing Date: 23.59 (GMT) 4th March 2019.
Appointments are made on merit and based on fair and open competition. This statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract. Please note: due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.