Based in Tashkent, Uzbekistan (with possible occasional travel)
Full Time – Fixed term contract for services
Until March 2019 (with probable extension)
Salary range: $800 – $1,100 gross per month
The Programme – UzParl-I
During 2018, in partnership with the British Embassy, Tashkent, WFD plans to launch a new programme providing support to Oliy Majilis contributing to Uzbekistan’s reform process. The package of support will provide exposure to international good practices and seeks to aid the parliament, enhancing its legislative, oversight and representation functions. The programme will be managed from a new office being established in Tashkent with oversight and technical support provided from our headquarters in London.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Programme Administrative and Finance Assistant (PAFA) will play a critical role in assisting the Country Representative in Uzbekistan with the implementation of this programme.
This role is responsible for the accurate and efficient preparation and coordination of financial and administrative procedures related to the programme. This role will need to communicate effectively both internally within the programme office and WFD’s head office in London and externally with other key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience
• First degree or similar, in a relevant discipline
• Experience of, and excellent abilities in, financial administration including management of cash flows, balance sheets, sizeable budgets (planning, monitoring and reporting), and experience of using accounting packages
• At least two years’ experience in office administration, with high levels of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, databases)
• Experience of project management and in particular gathering and consolidating information for monitoring and evaluation and impact reporting
• Excellent levels of spoken and written English
• Experience of procurement, and use of hardware, software, scanners and other office equipment
This is a locally based field role and therefore the successful candidate must have eligibility to work in the relevant location.
The appointment will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
Please note this statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract.
How to apply
All applicants must submit a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 (GMT) 10 October 2018 to be considered for this role. For more information, please download the job description.
Please note: Due to the volume of application we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.