Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is seeking experienced organisations or consultants to act as a semi-independent monitoring, evaluation and learning support unit (MEL Support Unit), for the Department for International Development’s (DFID) Inclusive and Accountable Politics (IAP) Programme. The organisations or consultants will also conduct a review of WFD’s current monitoring and evaluation functions as an organisation and its sub-contracting organisations’ current monitoring and evaluation for the IAP programme. This unit will complement and support WFD and its programme subcontractors’ M&E staff.
Successful consultants will demonstrate the following experience:
- Lead consultant with significant experience (over 7 years) in democracy promotion programme/project design, management or delivery in multiple international development contexts
- Within the team: At least one consultant with significant experience (over 7 years) in design and delivery of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) systems for complex governance programming and a familiarity with cutting edge approaches to MEL in this area including flexible and adaptive approaches.
- Within the team: experience in transitioning/developing countries, democracy and governance, and development programming
- Within the team: significant experience in adaptive management processes demonstrated through the provision of previous examples of work
- Within the team: Previous experience in monitoring and evaluating DFID projects.
- Within the team: familiarity with current debates and approaches to the complexities of democracy and governance programming within the international development sector
- Within the team: experience of working with multi-country programmes and organisations and working successfully with local staff and partners in these countries
- All consultants: Astute political judgement and strong relationship management skills
- All consultants: Ability to write clearly and concisely in English.
- Experience in at least two of the regions and a number of IAP programme countries
- Some knowledge of written and spoken French and/or Arabic
More information is available in the full terms of reference.
Interested applicants should submit an online application to Graeme Ramshaw (email@example.com) by 12:00 (GMT) 12th September 2018.