Based in Nay Pyi Taw, Burma
Full Time – Fixed term contract of service
Salary – USD 1000 gross per month
Until July 2019
WFD is currently implementing a three-year programme (2016-2019) to strengthen parliamentary practice in the Union Parliament of Burma. In partnership with the UK House of Commons, British Council, and Irrawaddy Policy Exchange, the programme works with members and parliamentary staff to develop the technical capacities of the Parliament and foster greater openness and engagement with citizens. Components of the programme contribute to strengthening committee practices and oversight, developing the research capacities of parliamentary staff, supporting improved human resources management, and enhancing the Parliament’s relations with external stakeholders, notably government ministries and civil society.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Programme Administrative and Finance Assistant (PAFA) will play a key role in supporting the Country Representative, Programme Coordinators and the Finance Officer in Burma with programmatic, financial and administrative aspects of WFD’s Burma programme. In addition to the WFD Burma team, the PAFA will also provide WFD’s programme partners, namely the House of Commons, British Council, and Irrawaddy Policy Exchange, with logistical and administrative support.
The WFD Burma team requires the support of a PAFA to ensure accurate and efficient preparation and coordination of programmatic, financial and administrative matters. This may include, for example, providing logistical and administrative support to the Programme Coordinators when organising programme activities and supporting the Financial Officer in the preparation of budget forecasts. WFD’s programme partners also require additional logistical and administrative support, given the high number of inward visits to Burma from House of Commons and British Council officials and staff. The PAFA will lead on coordinating such visits, including on travel arrangements for incoming visitors and the necessary logistical support to their itinerary in-country. In addition, the PAFA will provide other ad hoc administrative support to programme partners.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience
• First degree or similar, in a relevant discipline for eg. business studies, office administration, project administration, accountancy or bookkeeping
• Experience of, and excellent abilities in, financial administration including management of cash flows, balance sheets, sizeable budgets (planning, monitoring and reporting), and experience of using accounting packages
• At least two years’ experience in office administration, with high levels of proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Experience of project management and in particular gathering and consolidating information for monitoring and evaluation and impact reporting
• Excellent levels of spoken and written Burmese and English
• Experience of procurement, and use of hardware, software, scanners and other office equipment
This is a locally based field role and therefore the successful candidate must have eligibility to work in the relevant location.
The appointment will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
Please note this statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract.
How to apply
All applicants must submit a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 (GMT) 3rd October 2018 to be considered for this role. For more information, please download the job description.
Please note: Due to the volume of application we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.