Location: London, United Kingdom
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Salary range and grade: £27,405- £33,108 (C4)
The Multi Party Office brings together four diverse UK political parties who seek to promote multi-party democracy in the countries where we work. We share expertise and experience of UK political parties on a range of thematic and regional issues with other political parties around the world through our programme. The Multi Party Office is a consortium of UK political parties with a wide range of programmes in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Western Balkans. The UK parties that are members of the Multi Party Office are: Liberal Democrats, Green Party, Democratic Unionist Party and Plaid Cymru.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Programme Manager will play a central and vital role within our small team providing effective management, administrative and financial support to our international programmes. The Programme Manager will be responsible for leading the Multi Party Office’s political economy analysis research and communications work. The role will provide updates for the Department for International Development (DFID) funded programmes by working with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning colleagues with the Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) headquarters.
The post-holder must have a flexible and proactive approach to their work as this position has a wide variety of duties. The successful candidate will be expected to liaise directly with senior political figures from the UK and the countries we work on a regular basis, so an enthusiasm for politics and international relations is required. The role will suit a highly organised individual, with an eye for detail in order to support the management of the office budget and internal governance procedures. This role requires overseas travel approximately every 8 weeks.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience
- Educated to degree level with at least two years’ work experience in programme development environment and financial management
- Good knowledge of project/programme management systems including monitoring and evaluation tools (eg., Logframes)
- Experience of financial administration and excellent track record of developing activity based budgets, ability to track expenditure and be able to apply value for money principles
- Good conceptual and organisational skills, including ability to develop work plans
- Experience of producing research reports
- Excellent communication skills, including being able to represent the Multi Party Office externally and produce written communication material
How to apply
All applicants must submit their CV and cover letter (two-page max) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00pm (midday GMT) 22 October 2018 to be considered for this role.
For more information, please download the job description.
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.