Based in Tirana
Full Time – Fixed Term Contract for Services until March 2021
Salary range: £800 – £1000 gross per month
The Programme – Embedding Democratic Culture
WFD is launching a new CSSF funded project that will operate in six countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Kosovo and will be coordinated through a regional Western Balkans office based in Belgrade.
The regional programme titled: “Embedding democratic culture: Delivering for citizens” will focus on three components of work:
- Strengthening Political Parties
- Strengthening Parliamentary Practice
- Strengthening Democratic Institutions and Culture
To deliver the programme, WFD is developing a team of programmatic and technical staff based in six offices across the region and further strengthening its Western Balkans office. This position will be based in Tirana, Albania and will be responsible supporting the WFD Albania office on finance and administration matters.
Main purpose of the role
The Programme Administrative and Finance Assistant (PAFA) will play a critical role in assisting the Country Representative in Albania in financial and administration matters.
The PAFA will ensure timely management of financial and administrative procedures and for ensuring excellent communication on, and co-ordination of these requirements with stakeholders. The PAFA is also responsible for all logistics, interpretation support and provides general administrative support and office management.
The post holder will need to be fluent in Albanian as well as English, an excellent communicator, organised and efficient, have great attention to detail and establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the programme team and with internal and external stakeholders with exceptional financial and administrative experience and skills.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience
- First degree or similar, in a relevant discipline for e.g. business studies, finance, office administration, project administration, accountancy or bookkeeping
- Experience of, and excellent abilities in, financial administration including management of cash flows, balance sheets, sizeable budgets (planning, monitoring and reporting), and experience of using accounting packages (e.g. SAGE)
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role, in a similar type of organisation (preferably working on projects funded by the British government or other major donors)
- High levels of proficiency in Excel and experience of using accounting packages e.g. SAGE
- Excellent levels of spoken and written English and local languages
- Experience of procurement, and use of hardware, software, scanners and other office equipment
This is a locally based field role and therefore the successful candidate must have eligibility to work in the relevant location.
The appointment will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
Please note this statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract.
How to apply
All applicants must submit a completed application form to email@example.com by 23.59 (GMT) 29th November 2018 to be considered for this role. For more information, please download the job description.
When submitting your application, please ensure that you clearly state the JOB TITLE and LOCATION in the email subject. This will help to ensure your application is received by the relevant team.
Please note: due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.