Location: Based in Victoria, London
Contract type: Full Time – Fixed Term Contract of Service
Contract Length: November 2018 – March 2019
Salary range & grade: (A2) £19,805 – £22,119 gross per annum
Main Purpose of the Role
The primary responsibility of the Programme Officer (PO) is to support WFD’s London-based programmes department. The Programme Officer will play an important and vital role within the team, providing efficient logistical, administrative and financial support. The post holder will play a leading role in arranging travel (flights, hotels, visas, per diem, reconciling of receipts, coordinating with WFD’s travel agency); assist with filing and organisation of key electronic and physical documents; and help the programmes team with financial reconciliations/paperwork. She/he will also assist in organising WFD’s special events and workshops, as required.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience
- Experience of working in a programme supporting administration role particularly in a parliamentary context
- Appreciation of assisting in procurement and financial reconciliations
- Familiarity with IT systems including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, social media, (Office 365, SharePoint, web design and other IT tools desirable)
- Knowledge and/or experience of working for nongovernmental organisations, ideally focused on international development or humanitarian assistance
- English fluency (written and spoken)
- French Foreign language fluency/proficiency
Please note, this statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract.
This is a UK based role, therefore the successful candidate must have eligibility to work in the UK.
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 (GMT) 2nd December 2018. Please clearly outline in your cover letter your relevant skills and experience for this post.
When submitting your application, please ensure that you clearly state the JOB TITLE and LOCATION in the email subject. This will help to ensure your application is received by the relevant team.
For more information, please download the job description.
WFD recruitment principle ensure open and fair competition, and that appointments are made on merit.
Please note: due to the volume of application we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.