Location: Based in Kiev, Ukraine (with occasional national and international travel)
Contract type: Full-time Fixed Term Contract of Service
Contract length: Until March 2021 (6 months probational period)
Salary range: £1,300 – £1,600 gross per month
WFD in Ukraine works to support and strengthen the Ukrainian government’s ability to implement better legislation and manage its financial resources in a more accountable and transparent manner. WFD, through the programming, provides support to the parliament of Ukraine across a number of areas: parliamentary procedures and processes, financial oversight, research and administrative service for members.
Main purpose of the role
The Programme Manager will support the Country Representative for Ukraine in the implementation of the WFD’s programme in the country. This will include supporting the management of the full programme cycle from inception through to final evaluation. The post holder will play an important role in stakeholder management (variety from active politicians, parliamentary officials, and representative of civil society as well as international donor community). The post holder will also be expected to contribute to development of future business opportunities specifically for Ukraine and to contribute to WFD work in the Europe region.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience
- Educated to BA or master’s degree level in a relevant discipline such as political science, law, social development, public administration or international relations. 5+ years of relevant working experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the political environment in Ukraine and the recent developments in parliamentary matters, governance and CSO
- Experience of managing good governance and democracy programs
- Excellent command of English and Ukraine languages, both written and oral, to be able to communicate professionally to senior stakeholders throughout the country
- Thorough understanding and experience of financial management and numerical competency
- Experience of producing programme reports with analysis and documentation of outcomes and programme learning in English
- Experience of fundraising and business development with institutional donors
This is a locally based field role and therefore the successful candidate must have eligibility to work in the relevant location.
The appointment will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
Please note this statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract.
How to apply
All applicants must submit a completed application form to email@example.com by 23.59 (GMT) 13 December 2018 to be considered for this role. For more information, please download the job description.
When submitting your application, please ensure that you clearly state the JOB TITLE and LOCATION in the email subject. This will help to ensure your application is received by the relevant team.
Please note: due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.