Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract type: Full-time Fixed Term Contract
Contract length: Until 31st March 2021
Salary: N 8,400,000 (inclusive)
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) specialises in parliamentary strengthening and political party development. It does this by supporting the development of parliaments, political party structures and civil society organisations.
WFD’s strategic focus in Nigeria is the inclusive participation of citizens, particularly underrepresented groups, in democratic governance. To learn more about our core funded programmes in Nigeria click here https://www.wfd.org/network/nigeria/
Finance Officer (FO) – Abuja, Nigeria
This position offers opportunities to work alongside a team of highly skilled professionals, with parliament, political parties and global international development agencies.
Reporting to the Country Representative Nigeria, the FO plays a critical role in providing financial and administrative support to colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
- Management of multiple budgets
- Preparation of financial reports
- Processing financial transactions
- Logistical and administration support for programmes
We are looking for someone who is focused on outcomes, an excellent problem solver, a team player and strong communicator. In addition, you should have;
- A recognised accountancy qualification and master’s degree
- Extensive experience of financial accounting procedures
- Experience of using accounting packages (e.g. SAGE or QuickBooks)
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Sharp time management skills
For more information, please download the job description.
This is a locally based field role, applicants must be eligible to work in the relevant location.
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form, email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Please state clearly the JOB TITLE, LOCATION and YOUR NAME in the email subject when submitting your application.
Closing Date: 23.59 (GMT) 18th February 2019
Appointments are made on merit and based on fair and open competition. This statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract. Please note: due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.