The Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is seeking expert support in the development of research on different models of environmental governance which can serve as the basis for further learning materials and programming.
As part of developing a wider work programme on environmental governance the consultant will develop a comparative report summarising the different models of independent environmental bodies and their interactions with Parliament. This will involve the comparison of independent institutions with an environmental protection mandate as well as the implementation and scrutiny of relevant legislation and regulatory mechanisms.
The expert commissioned for this programme will have significant experience relating to environmental governance, environmental public law or the parliamentary scrutiny and oversight of environmental protections.
- Conduct desk-based research on the different models of independent institutions with an environmental protection mandate, their operation and their interactions with parliament, ideally this would be done by region, but this is open to suggestion.
- Produce a summary of this research highlighting case studies of best practise and regional examples. This should include the advantages of different systems as well as key challenges and gaps that could serve as the focus or component of future WFD programming.
- Recommendations or suggestions for further learning areas and programming.
Timeframe and location
The research will take place in March 2019; the consultant is expected to work for a total of 15 days. All work under this contract can be conducted remotely. Travel to WFD’s office in London is not required.
Submissions should include:
- CV(s) of proposed consultant(s)
- Description of the proposed methodology or approach
- Projected costs or budget, including fees and any anticipated expenses
- Proposed activity plan, clearly linking consultancy days and other costs to activities
- An example of previous similar work
Bids will be reviewed on a rolling basis however all bids must be submitted by 5.30pm GMT on 5th March 2019 to email@example.com with the subject line: Expert Consultant: Independent Environmental Bodies.