Location: Belgrade, Serbia (with occasional national and international travel)
Contract type: Part-time 20 hours per week. Contract of Service
Contract length: Until October 2021 (6 months probation period)
Salary: 500 GBP (Gross): 42,000 RSD (NET)
WFD is launching a new Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Norwegian MFA) funded project for the Western Balkans which will operate in six countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Kosovo.
The regional programme titled: “Creating a parliamentary network on human rights in the Western Balkans” will focus on:
- Establishing a parliamentary network of committees on human rights for the Western Balkans
- Conduct audit of implementation of laws related to gender inclusion and human rights
- Establish post legislative scrutiny practices in Western Balkan parliaments and strengthen parliamentary oversight on human rights legislation
To deliver the programme, WFD is developing a small team of programmatic and technical staff based in the regional office in Belgrade to implement the Norwegian MFA funded project.
Programme Administrative and Finance Assistant (PAFA)
The PAFA plays a critical role in assisting the Programme Manager, working closely with the head office in London and our stakeholders, in the management of financial and administrative procedures for the Norwegian MFA project. In addition, this position takes responsibility for all logistics, general administrative and office management.
This is a part time position (20 hours per week). The PAFA will work as part of a strong team of three and will receive supervision and guidance from the Programme Manager.
The core skills and experience we are looking for are;
- At least 2 years financial management and budgetary experience
- Advanced Excel with extensive use of SAGE and/or other accounting software packages
- At least 2 years project management, administration, evaluation, monitoring experience
- Strong communication relationship management skills with staff and a range of donors
- First degree or similar, in a relevant discipline e.g. Business, Finance or Administration
For more information, please download the job description.
This is a locally based field role; applicants must be eligible to work in the relevant location.
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form, email your application form to email@example.com by the closing date. Please state clearly the JOB TITLE, LOCATION and YOUR NAME in the email subject when submitting your application.
Closing Date: 23.59 (GMT) 6th May 2019.
Appointments are made on merit and based on fair and open competition. This statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract. Please note due to the volume of applications we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be notified.