Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Contract type: Full-time Fixed Term Contract of Service
Contract length: Until October 2021 (6 months probational period)
Salary range:1000 GBP Gross: 90,600 RSD (Net)
WFD is launching a new Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Norwegian MFA) funded project for the Western Balkans which will operate in six countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Kosovo.
The regional programme titled: “Creating a parliamentary network on human rights in the Western Balkans” will focus on:
- Establishing a parliamentary network of committees on human rights for the Western Balkans
- Conduct audit of implementation of laws related to gender inclusion and human rights
- Establish post legislative scrutiny practices in Western Balkan parliaments and strengthen parliamentary oversight on human rights legislation
To deliver the programme, WFD is developing a small team of programmatic and technical staff based in the regional office in Belgrade to implement the Norwegian MFA funded project.
The programme coordinator will assist in the implementation of the Norwegian MFA project and support the work of the Programme Manager and the regional team in Belgrade by focusing on the programmes design and implementation.
The post will; provide administrative and logistical support, prepare and disseminate project documentation, assist in the preparation of the narrative and financial reports, collect monitor and evaluate data and communicate project successes and achievements. In addition the post will lend support in the communications with relevant institutions in the Western Balkans and support the development and establishment of relationships within parliaments and parliamentary committees on human rights and government institutions.
The core skills and experience we are looking for are;
- Extensive project management, administration, evaluation, monitoring experience
- Financial and budget management experience – competent using Excel and producing financial reports
- Knowledge of the local parliamentary system, political background and the challenges of democracy in the country.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Fluent English skills (written and oral)
- Credibility and confidence in communication and networking
- Degree level in a relevant discipline
- Ability and confidence to multi-task in an international environment
For more information, please download the job description.
This is a locally based field role, applicants must be eligible to work in the relevant location.
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form, email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Please state clearly the JOB TITLE, LOCATION and YOUR NAME in the email subject when submitting your application.
Closing Date: 23.59 (GMT) 6th May 2019.
Appointments are made on merit and based on fair and open competition. This statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract. Please note: due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified