Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Contract type: Full-time Fixed Term Contract of Service
Contract length: Until October 2021 (6 months probational period)
Salary:1600 GBP Gross: 131,000 RSD (Net)
WFD is launching a new Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Norwegian MFA) funded project for the Western Balkans which will operate in six countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Kosovo.
The regional programme titled: “Creating a parliamentary network on human rights in the Western Balkans” will focus on:
- Establishing a parliamentary network of committees on human rights for the Western Balkans
- Conduct audit of implementation of laws related to gender inclusion and human rights
- Establish post legislative scrutiny practices in Western Balkan parliaments and strengthen parliamentary oversight on human rights legislation
To deliver the programme, WFD is developing a small team of programmatic and technical staff based in the regional office in Belgrade to implement the Norwegian MFA funded project.
The Programme Manager will support the Western Balkans Director by leading in the implementation of WFD’s Norwegian MFA project supporting the management of the full project cycle from inception through to final evaluation and will also manage the Programme Coordinator, the Programme Administrative and Finance Assistant and the regional team in Belgrade.
The post holder will play an important role in stakeholder management (from active politicians, parliamentary officials, and representative of civil society as well as international donor community), establish networks and post legislative scrutiny practices in parliamentary committees on human rights in the Western Balkans.
The core skills and experience we are looking for are;
- 5+ years of relevant working experience.
- Degree in a relevant discipline e.g. political science, law, social development, public administration or international relations.
- Knowledge of the local parliamentary system, political background and the challenges of democracy in the country.
- Previous management of governance and democracy programs
- Excellent command of English (written and oral), able to communicate with senior stakeholders
- Extensive financial and budget management experience
- Experience of producing programme reports with analysis and documentation of outcomes and programme
- Experience of fundraising and business development with institutional donors
For more information, please download the job description.
This is a locally based field role; applicants must be eligible to work in the relevant location.
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form, email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Please state clearly the JOB TITLE, LOCATION and YOUR NAME in the email subject when submitting your application.
Closing Date: 23.59 (GMT) 6th May 2019.
Appointments are made on merit and based on fair and open competition. This statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract. Please note due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.