Contract: Permanent, full-time
Location: London, SW1
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) was established in 1992. It has 30 offices: Operating worldwide across Eastern Europe, Africa, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and Asia. With $17 million: projected revenue in 2019-2020 and 140+ staff employed around the world WFD continues to deliver impressive democracy strengthening programmes with a range of global partnerships including: DFID, FCO and Westminster Parliament.
WFD is looking for a Finance Director who will have strategic leadership and development of the finance function across the organisation.
The new Finance Director will guide the finance team and report to the CEO, Anthony Smith; attend the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee and the Board, lead on the Annual Report and Accounts, and provide hands-on support to the finance operations team.
This role requires a qualified accountant with experience of directing a finance function of scale and complexity and with recent success at building a finance team. Strong leadership is essential as is the ability to communicate and interact well with others. We are keen to hear from candidates who are confident to push through change and challenge at a higher level and with the ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
WFD can offer;
- Civil Service pension- defined benefit: Generous employer contribution up to 27.9%
- 25 days paid annual leave and 8 public holidays
- Some international travel may be involved
- Good work life balance – flexible working hours, ability to work from home/remotely.
- Friendly, supportive, inclusive and engaging environment (working with people who are passionate about positive change and strengthening democracy around the world).
- Learning and Development – opportunities to benefit from WFD’s learning events on UK and international political systems plus relevant professional development opportunities.
For more information, please download the job description.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
How to Apply
Email your CV with a cover letter telling us why you are applying and what makes you a strong candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Please state clearly the JOB TITLE, LOCATION and YOUR NAME in the email subject when submitting your application.
Closing Date: 18.00 (GMT) 31st May 2019.
Appointments are made on merit and based on fair and open competition. This statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract. Please note due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.