Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Contract type: Full-time Fixed Term Contract of Service
Contract length: Until March 31st 2021 (6 months probational period)
Salary: £1,451.13 GBP Gross
WFD is looking to recruit an experienced Programme Manager with extensive experience in governance, political party and civil society programmes to manage WFD’s programme components in Serbia.
WFD launched a new CSSF funded project in 2018, that operates in six countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Kosovo and is coordinated through a regional Western Balkans office based in Belgrade.
The regional programme titled: “Western Balkans Democracy Initiative” will focus on three components of work:
• Strengthening Political Parties
• Strengthening Parliamentary Practice
• Strengthening Democratic Institutions and Culture
To deliver the programme, WFD has developed a team of programmatic and technical staff based in six offices across the region and further strengthening its Western Balkans office.
The Programme Manager will support the Country Representative Serbia. This position is based in Belgrade, Serbia and is responsible for delivering the Serbia component/s of the CSSF Western Balkans (WB) programme. This will include; managing the implementation of various activities between WFD, political organisations, parliamentary groups, CSOs and other relevant stakeholders in the country and, if needed, the WB region.
The programme Manager will communicate with relevant institutions in Serbia and support the development and establishment of relationships within parliamentary and government institutions, political organisations and relevant stakeholders. In addition, have oversight of budgets, the monitoring and evaluation of programme activities and contribute to the development of future business opportunities specifically for Serbia and to contribute to the Western Balkans programme portfolio.
The core skills and experience we are looking for are;
- 5+ years of relevant working experience.
- Degree in a relevant discipline e.g. political science, law, social development, public administration or international relations.
- Knowledge of the local parliamentary system, political background and the challenges of democracy in the country.
- Previous management of governance and democracy programs
- Excellent command of English and Serbian (written and oral), able to communicate with senior stakeholders
- Extensive financial and budget management experience
- Experience of producing programme reports with analysis and documentation of outcomes and programme
- Experience of fundraising and business development with institutional donors
For more information, please download the job description.
This is a locally based field role; applicants must be eligible to work in the relevant location.
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form, email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Please state clearly the JOB TITLE, LOCATION and YOUR NAME in the email subject when submitting your application.
Closing Date: 23.59 (GMT) 15th July 2019.
Appointments are made on merit and based on fair and open competition. This statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract. Please note due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.