Location: Beirut (with occasional national and international travel)
Contract type: Full-time Fixed Term Contract of Service
Contract length: August 2019 to 31/03/2020 (3 months probational period))
Salary: £2008.6 per month GBP Gross
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is looking to recruit an experienced Programme Manager with extensive experience in governance, human rights and civil society programmes to manage an existing programme to assist Lebanese institutions to better support the implementation and oversight of human rights mechanisms.
Based in Beirut the Programme Manager will support the Country Representative for Lebanon in the implementation of this programme. This will include supporting the management of the programme cycle from implementation through to final evaluation and playing an important role in stakeholder management.
Under the leadership of the Country Representative, the Programme Manager will manage on a day-to-day basis; the programme’s activities, work on budget management the monitoring and evaluation of programme activities and identify and hire relevant experts on short and long-term assignments in support of the programme.
This position has line management responsibility for the Programme Administrative and Finance Assistant (PAFA) providing daily support, setting objectives, managing performance and development.
The core skills and experience we are looking for are;
- 5+ years of relevant working experience.
- Degree in a relevant discipline e.g. political science, law, social development, public administration or international relations.
- Knowledge of; the local parliamentary system, political background and the challenges of democracy in the country and recent developments in human rights, governance and CSOs
- Previous management of governance and democracy programs
- Excellent command of English and Arabic (written and oral), able to communicate with senior stakeholders
- Extensive financial and budget management experience
- Experience of producing programme reports with analysis and documentation of outcomes and programme
- Experience of fundraising and business development with institutional donors
For more information, please download the job description.
This is a locally based field role; applicants must be eligible to work in the relevant location.
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form, email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Please state clearly the JOB TITLE, LOCATION and YOUR NAME in the email subject when submitting your application.
Closing Date: 23.59 (GMT) 21st August 2019.
Appointments are made on merit and based on fair and open competition. This statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract. Please note due to the volume of applications we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be notified.