Location: Belgrade Contract Type: Full Time; Fixed term Contract Contract length: Until March 2021 Salary: 2125 GBP Gross Monthly Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is looking to recruit an Operations and Finance Manager with extensive experience in finance and administration to coordinate the work of administrative, finance and programme staff across offices in the […]
Senior Programme Officer Africa – London
Contract type: Full-time Fixed Term
Contract length: Until March 2021
Salary: £25,000 pa
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is looking to recruit a Senior Programme Officer (SPO) to support the West & Central Africa team.
WFD has a significant portfolio of programmes in the region including in DRC, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, South Africa and Uganda. We also have plans for further programmes including in Ethiopia.
Senior Programme Officer (SPO) Africa- London
Reporting to the Regional Director Africa, SPO’s work under the guidance of the Senior Programme Manager Africa to support the delivery of WFD’s programmes in the region. They play an important and vital role within the team, providing efficient coordination, administrative and financial support, ensuring the implementation of projects and programmes meet the highest standards.
Senior Programme Officers are expected to perform a variety of tasks and work in all phases of a project, from its early stages to completion, undertake and prepare programme documents, draft narratives and develop activity-based budgets to contribute to the preparation of new bids. SPO’s will also support the field management team.
The core skills and experience we are looking for are;
- Highly organised and efficient with strong attention to detail
- Educated to degree level with at least two years’ work experience in programme development environment and financial management
- Excellent track record of developing activity-based budgets, ability to track expenditure and be able to apply value for money principles
- Good knowledge of project/programme management systems including monitoring and evaluation tools (eg., Logframes)
- Experience of, and excellent abilities in, financial administration including management of cash flows and sizeable budgets (planning, monitoring and reporting)
- Experience of drafting programme writing for a variety of beneficiaries
- Knowledge and/or experience of working on programmes in/relating to the relevant region.
- Excellent spoken and written French and other languages relevant to the region
This is a UK based role; candidates must have eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information about the position, please download the Job Description, by clicking on the job title below;
How to Apply –
Email your CV with a cover letter telling us why you are applying and what makes you a strong candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Please state clearly the JOB TITLE, LOCATION and YOUR NAME in the email subject when submitting your application.
Closing Date: 23.55 (GMT) 11th August 2019.
Appointments are made on merit and based on fair and open competition. This statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract. Please note due to the volume of applications we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Building on the success of our national parliamentary strengthening programme of work in Lebanon, Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) plans to further extend our collaboration with and support of the Lebanese parliament. Consequently, we are delighted to announce our intention to hire additional staff to join our team based at our office in Beirut. […]
Location: Nay Pyi Taw (with occasional national and international travel) Contract type: Fixed term. Contract for Services Contract length: Until 31/07/2021 Starting salary: USD 2400 commensurate with experience Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) has recently concluded a three-year programme (2016-2019) focused on strengthening parliamentary practices in the Parliaments of Myanmar. WFD will continue to […]