Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Contract type: Fixed term. Contract for Services.
Contract length: September 2019 – March 2020 with possible extension
Starting salary: Competitive local salary
Westminster Foundation for Democracy’s (WFD) human rights-related programming in Indonesia focuses on local bylaws and regulations that discriminate against women, persons with disabilities, and social and religious minorities. WFD is working with the Committee for Local Legislation Affairs of the House of Regional Representatives (DPD), sub-national parliaments (DPRDs) and relevant units of the provincial governments and the Ministry of Home Affairs towards a more robust system of legislative scrutiny to prevent discriminatory bills becoming law and review those laws already in place.
The Programme Officer plays a critical role in assisting the Country Representative, working closely with the head office in London and our stakeholders, in the provision of administrative and logistic support for programmes.
The Programme Officer will have responsibility for the implementation of activities under the programmes, and will also be required to prepare and disseminate project documentation, assisting in the preparation of the narrative reports, collecting monitoring and evaluation data and communicating project successes and achievements.
The core skills and experience we are looking for are;
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline e.g. laws, political science, international development, and/or International relations. A post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline is desirable.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent English written and oral communications skills necessary to produce proposals and reports and to present them to WFD’s Board and funders, to donors, and to local partners and other stakeholders as required.
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia.
- Demonstrates good use of hardware, software, and other office equipment.
- A sound understanding of the Indonesian parliamentary system and political background and the challenges of democracy building in Indonesia.
For more information, please download the job description.
This is a locally based field role; applicants must be eligible to work in the relevant location.
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form, email your application form to email@example.com by the closing date. Please state clearly the JOB TITLE, LOCATION and YOUR NAME in the email subject when submitting your application.
Closing Date: 23.59 (GMT) 3rd September 2019.
Appointments are made on merit and based on fair and open competition. This statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract. Please note due to the volume of applications we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be