Location: Maputo, Mozambique
Contract type: Fixed term. Contract for Services (subject to renewal).
Contract length: October 2019– March 2020
Starting salary: Up to £19,560 gross per-annum
WFD are recruiting for an Administration and Finance Officer to support the delivery of our programmes in Mozambique.
WFD’s Mozambique’s team are responsible for the development, delivery and management of two key programmes; ‘Inclusive and Accountable Politics (IAP)’ Programme– focused on facilitating scrutiny of government performance including progress on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and greater access and inclusion of women and under-represented groups in formal and informal political processes and the ‘Advancing Inclusive and Accountable Democracy in the Commonwealth (CP4D)’ Programme – focused on inclusivity of monitory groups and greater accountability through more effective and transparent parliaments and better financial oversight, including through stronger Public Accounts Committees.
Administration and Finance Officer
The Administration and Finance Officer plays a critical role in assisting the Country Representative, working closely with the head office in London and our stakeholders, in the management of administration and financial procedures for programmes.
This is a varied and interesting position; the Administration and Finance Officer will be joining a small team of professionals and will have direct accountability for administration, financial duties, logistic arrangements, and general office management.
The core skills and experience we are looking for are;
- Project management, administration, evaluation, monitoring experience
- Accountancy and financial administration experience; including management of cash flows, balance sheets, sizeable budgets (planning, monitoring and reporting)
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in Financial Management, Finance system, policies and procedures, preferably experience in working with INGO’s.
- Advanced Excel with extensive use of SAGE and/or other accounting software packages
- Excellent levels of spoken and written English and Portuguese
- Strong communication relationship management skills with staff and a range of donors
- University Degree, CPA or M.com or ACCA, Master’s degree in related field is preferred
For more information, please download the job description.
This is a locally based field role; applicants must be eligible to work in the relevant location.
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form, email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Please state clearly the JOB TITLE, LOCATION and YOUR NAME in the email subject when submitting your application.
Closing Date: 23.59 (GMT) 18th September 2019.
Appointments are made on merit and based on fair and open competition. This statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract. Please note due to the volume of applications we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.