Contract Type: Full Time; Fixed term Contract
Contract length: Until March 2021
Salary: 2125 GBP Gross Monthly
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is looking to recruit an Operations and Finance Manager with extensive experience in finance and administration to coordinate the work of administrative, finance and programme staff across offices in the Western Balkan on issues related to financial reporting, compliance with WFD procedures and policies, risk and operations.
WFD is implementing a CSSF funded project that operates in six countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia and is coordinated through a regional Western Balkans office based in Belgrade.
The regional programme titled: “Western Balkans Democracy Initiative” focuses on three components of work:
- Strengthening Political Parties
- Strengthening Parliamentary Practice
- Strengthening Democratic Institutions and Culture
To deliver the programme, WFD has developed a team of programmatic and technical staff based in 6 offices across the region.
The Operations and Finance Manager
The Operations and Finance Manager will lead on the development, implementation and maintenance of operational procedures and programme systems and increase the level of financial reporting, risk monitoring coordinating this across 6 countries.
Key areas of responsibility are;
- Financial management – accounting regulations, operations, compliance, accounts, forecasting, auditing and budgets.
- Operational management of WFD’s systems, procedures, resources, security, risk management, procurement, logistic management and compliance.
- Programme management – responsible for programme monitoring and administrative activities.
- Team leader – responsible for the development, supervision and management of a small team.
- Business Development- support the Country Representative and the Western Balkans Director relating to the development of business opportunities.
The following experience and skills are essential for this position;
- Proven experience working as an operations manager and finance manager in a similar role
- Substantial financial management experience including; budgeting, forecasting and familiarity with financial regulations
- Solid auditing and risk assurance experience
- Knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Experience leading, managing and developing a team and contributing to the strategic leadership of an organisation.
This is a locally based field role; applicants must be eligible to work in the relevant location.
How to Apply:
Individuals interested in these opportunities to join a globally recognised organisation at the heart of parliamentary strengthening should download the job description and complete the application form.
Applicants should email their application form to email@example.com by the closing date of 23.59 (GMT) on 16th October 2019. Please state clearly the JOB TITLE, LOCATION and YOUR NAME in the email subject when submitting your application.
Appointments are made on merit and based on fair and open competition. This statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract. Please note due to the volume of applications we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be notified.