WFD has an exciting internship opportunity for a current student or recent graduate looking to gain experience working on issues of environmental governance in a democracy support context for an international development organisation based in London.
The intern will gain an understanding of environmental governance in democracy in the following areas:
- Involvement in the development of proposals and programmes focused on strengthening environmental democracy – particularly in parliaments and democratic institutions of developing countries.
- Research on the state of environmental democracy around the world.
- Exposure to active programming.
- Engagement with partners and stakeholders including environmental NGOs, parliamentary committees and environmental experts both in the UK and overseas.
Please note this is an unpaid internship: WFD will provide a small stipend to cover travel costs and expenses.
The intern will be based at our offices in Victoria, London.
The internship is available for a maximum of 3 months, the number of hours and working pattern is flexible and will dependent upon the intern’s availability.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity to learn from a globally recognised organisation at the heart of parliamentary strengthening you should submit your CV and a one-page cover letter outlining:
- The type of experience you are looking to develop
- Your key areas of interest and expertise
- Any specific skills or activities you would like to be involved in
Email your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com by the closing date. Please state clearly the INTERNSHIP TITLE, LOCATION and YOUR NAME in the email subject when submitting your application.
Closing Date: 23.55 (GMT) 10th January 2020.