CALL FOR INTEREST Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) and Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy (NIMD) are soliciting proposals from individual consultants and or consultancy firms to conduct research on the Impact of the Cost of Politics on Inclusive Political Participation and Socio-Economic Development in Uganda. Introduction About WFD WFD is UK’s leading democracy-strengthening organisation, […]
INTERNSHIP – Environmental Democracy – London
WFD has an exciting internship opportunity for a current student or recent graduate looking to gain experience working on issues of environmental governance in a democracy support context for an international development organisation based in London.
The intern will gain an understanding of environmental governance in democracy in the following areas:
- Involvement in the development of proposals and programmes focused on strengthening environmental democracy – particularly in parliaments and democratic institutions of developing countries.
- Research on the state of environmental democracy around the world.
- Exposure to active programming.
- Engagement with partners and stakeholders including environmental NGOs, parliamentary committees and environmental experts both in the UK and overseas.
Please note this is an unpaid internship: WFD will provide a small stipend to cover travel costs and expenses.
The intern will be based at our offices in Victoria, London.
The internship is available for a maximum of 3 months, the number of hours and working pattern is flexible and will dependent upon the intern’s availability.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this opportunity to learn from a globally recognised organisation at the heart of parliamentary strengthening you should submit your CV and a one-page cover letter outlining:
- The type of experience you are looking to develop
- Your key areas of interest and expertise
- Any specific skills or activities you would like to be involved in
Email your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com by the closing date. Please state clearly the INTERNSHIP TITLE, LOCATION and YOUR NAME in the email subject when submitting your application.
Closing Date: 23.55 (GMT) 10th January 2020.
Location: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan Contract type: Full-time Fixed Term Contract for Service Contract length: 01/12/2019 -30/06/2021 Salary Range: EUR 993-1297 per month The Programme WFD Kyrgyzstan has been operating since 2011. WFD focuses on promoting transparent, accountable and inclusive politics. WFD, in consortium with four organisations, is launching the EU-funded “Project in Support of Sustainable Media Sector […]
WFD has an exciting internship opportunity for a current student or recent graduate looking to gain experience working on issues of environmental governance in a democracy support context for an international development organisation based in London. The intern will gain an understanding of environmental governance in democracy in the following areas: Involvement in the development […]