WFD is seeking a local expert based in Cotabato City, Philippines to work in close collaboration with our partner the Bangsamoro Women Commission (BWC) and WFD local team to finalise the draft Gender and Development (GAD) Code. Typical duties during the assignment will include refining the GAD Code in close collaboration with WBC, providing technical […]
Request for Quotation: Consultant for Support of Parliamentary Club for Youth Issues and Policies – North Macedonia
Description of company
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (“WFD”) is the UK public body dedicated to supporting democracy around the world. WFD partners with UK political parties, parliaments, electoral and financial audit institutions to help over 30 developing countries make their governments fairer, more effective and accountable.
WFD’s head office is based in London Victoria, and the organisation currently has approximately 140 staff working from its head office and 30 country offices worldwide.
High level scope and backround for this Request for Quotation
WFD is issuing this Request for Quotation (“RFQ”) to a range of potential suppliers of goods and/or services and would welcome a proposal/quote from you/your organisation.
The newly established Parliament composition in North Macedonia has more young MPs than the previous one, but whether youth issues manage to find their way to the agenda is yet to be seen. A key instrument to achieving that is the Club of MPs for Youth Issues and Policies (“the Club”), established in the previous mandate. As none of the active MPs in the previous club remain part of the Assembly its establishment is uncertain. WFD plans to support the establishment of a new Club of MPs for Youth Issues and Policies and support them in defining a direction and strategy for work.
This aim should be achieved through a combination of activities including but not limited to:
- Capacity building activities for the MPs, members of the Club for Youth Issues and Policies;
- Provision of individual support and mentoring to the members of the Club for Youth Issues and Policies;
- Facilitation of planning and other types of workshops.
The objectives of the assignment are:
- To ensure that the new young MPs are introduced to the role and mandate of the Club for Youth Issues and Policies;
- To ensure that the new young MPs have support and information to agree on and establish a Club for Youth Issues and Policies;
- To ensure that the new young MPs develop strategic, operational and communication plans for the Club for Youth Issues and Policies;
- To ensure that the new young MPs as part of the Club for Youth Issues and Policies discuss issues of importance to the young people and set these issues on the agenda of the Assembly.
2. What are we seeking?
WFD is seeking a consultant or consultants that will work with the MPs in the Club for Youth Issues and Policies towards achieving the above-mentioned objectives of this RfQ.
The obligations of the consultant or consultants can be divided in two general groups:
- Activities aimed towards establishment of the Club for Youth Issues and Policies, and
- Activities aimed towards ensuring that the members of the Club for Youth Issues and Policies have the necessary knowledge and capacities to work towards the Club’s objectives and implement its plans.
Under the first group of activities, the consultant/s will need to:
- Provide contacts and access to young MPs in the Assembly (younger than 35 years);
- Organise meetings with all MPs under 29 years, and as many as possible of the rest of the MPs younger than 35 years;
- Organise meetings with the political party whips and other high-level stakeholders in the Assembly to ensure their support and buy in for the process of establishment of the Club;
- Facilitate and support the organisation of constitutive meeting of the Club, including defining principles of work and selection of chairperson of the Club.
Under the second group of activities, the consultant/s will need to:
- Support the organisation and delivery of different capacity building workshops, including but not limited to: induction session for the MPs members of the Club, session on functioning of the Assembly and role of the MPs, youth policies and other relevant topics;
- Support the organisation and delivery of presentation of Youth in the 2020 Parliamentary Elections (research developed by WFD);
- Support the organisation and facilitation of a round table and individual meetings for the members of the Club with different youth CSOs, associations and student organisations;
- Support and facilitate the process of defining the objectives for the Club for the mandate 2020-2024, as well as the key activities;
- Provide individual support and mentoring to the members of the Club.
The responsibilities of the consultant/s are:
- To create a list of young MPs (under 29 and 35) and organise meetings with them;
- To create list of political party whips and other key stakeholders in the Assembly and organise meetings with them;
- To work with the young MPs and facilitate the organisation of consecutive meeting, providing guidance and advice in the process;
- To define agendas, topics, learning objectives and speakers for capacity building workshops with MPs, members of the Club;
- To define agenda, topics and youth organisation representatives to be invited for round table and/or individual meetings with the MPs, members of the Club;
- To work with the MPs, members of the Club, and facilitate the preparation and defining of objectives, aims and activities for the Club through providing guidance and advice in the process;
- To be available to provide individualised guidance and advice to the MPs, members of the Club;
- To fully cooperate, coordinate and consult with WFD staff and representatives during the whole implementation process.
The potential consultants should have:
- Extensive experience in working with youth, or youth related issues;
- Extensive experience and knowledge in working on development of policies, with special focus on youth related policies;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the policy cycle in North Macedonia and the role of the different institutions in the policy cycle;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the functioning of the Parliamentary system in North Macedonia.
The period of engagement and implementation of activities is October 2020 until February 2021.
All proposals or quotes should be submitted in writing and include:
- The supplier’s name, status, company number, and registered office address.
- An overview of the relevant experience, expertise, capability and capacity (including CVs from the consultant(s) and the other persons that would be included in the process, containing a list of previous analyses and papers).
- A description of the good(s) or service(s) to be provided and clear explanation as to how this meets the specification in this RFQ (An outline for the analysis and aspects they would address and proposed methodology for the research, research instruments and data sources – no longer than two pages).
- A transparent quotation of the charge for the good(s) or service(s), in sterling, to include: a clear breakdown of all costs; any proposed discount applied for WFD as a not-for-profit organisation; and a separate identification of any VAT charges (and/or any other applicable tax, excise or other charges. The total amount of the proposal/ quote cannot exceed £4,000.
The proposal or quote should include the RFQ Reference Number and be sent electronically and addressed to: Dona Kosturanova, Programme Manager at email@example.com
The same email address should be used for any questions related to this RFQ.
Extended deadline: All proposals or quotes must be received by 20.09.2020 (Sunday), 23:59 o’clock.
3. General information
WFD does not warrant or represent that this RFQ is free of errors and omissions.
WFD shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the suppliers in responding to this RFQ.
All information contained within this RFQ is confidential and must not be communicated to third parties, other than those participating in a consortium, without the written consent of WFD.
All information received from the supplier in response to this RFQ will be treated as confidential and will not be distributed without prior written consent outside WFD or its partners, save as required by applicable law or donor requirements.
Evaluation of proposals/quotes
Value for Money is an essential requirement of all WFD commissioned work. All suppliers must be able to demonstrate, in their proposal or quote, that they are seeking to maximise results, whilst driving cost efficiency. This includes budgeting and pricing realistically. Further, WFD expects suppliers to demonstrate openness and honesty, and to be realistic about capacity and capability, at all times.
WFD reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, not to contract with the supplier who submits the lowest value proposal or quote or to accept part of any proposal or quote, and WFD shall have no liability (in contract, tort or otherwise) to consider any proposal or quote. Further, WFD reserves the right to award the contract for which proposals or quotes are being requested in whole, or in part or not at all.
All WFD procurement activities must be ethical. Accordingly, WFD’s due diligence checks on suppliers may include reference checks, a supplier questionnaire, and anti-terrorism vetting. In the event that any unethical practices come to light, the supplier will be required to take remedial steps in consultation with WFD.
All contracts to be entered into by WFD will include obligations on the supplier to comply with WFD’s policy principles on key matters such as safeguarding, bribery and corruption, fraud and theft, anti-terrorism, and whistleblowing.
The supplier will be expected to disclose any known conflict of interest relating to relevant staff and this RFQ and/or any relevant staff members who have been employed by the Crown in the proceeding two-year period.
Thank you for your interest in working with the Westminster Foundation for Democracy.
Introduction In Serbia, but also in the Western Balkans region, emigration trends are undoubtedly worrying and public discourse on youth emigration is often oversimplified. Youth emigration is one of the most urgent issues to be tackled in the coming period. Some of the world’s fastest shrinking and ageing countries are in South-East Europe. According to […]
WFD is working in the autonomous region of the Bangsamoro to strengthened the Parliament as a democratic institution that is accountable, inclusive and pluralistic. As the Bangsamoro Transition Authority continues to work towards delivering on the commitments in the Bangsamoro Organic Law, it needs to effectively engage citizens in the democratic process by instituting open […]