WFD is now initiating selection of Short-Term Observers for the Presidential Election in Moldova, scheduled 1 November 2020. Candidates wishing to be considered as a Short-Term Observer (STO) must confirm:
- Availability for the duration of the expected deployment: 28 October 2020 – 4 November 2020;
- Willingness to complete a due diligence questionnaire within two working days of being informed of their selection;
- Awareness of self-isolation requirements on return to the UK (or other applicable restrictions if resident outside the UK); Observers are not exempt from these requirements. Observers will be exempt from isolation requirement in Moldova
Due to current self-isolation requirements, STOs selected for the first-round will not be eligible for re-deployment for any potential second round. WFD intends to select reserve STOs to be deployed in the event of a second-round election. A second-round election, if required, is expected mid-November. Short notice for second-round deployment should be expected. Please further note:
- Only British nationals are eligible to apply; nationals of other countries must apply through the respective national focal point
- The working language of the mission will be English, all candidates must be fluent written and spoken English (C1 level).
If you would like to be considered, please first read the terms of reference and then submit a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Monday, 5 October (17:00 GMT).
Prospective observers must have a personal account in the OSCE/ODIHR Election Expert Database which must be fully complete and their profile must be up to date. Details of their profile should be shared with WFD. Further details are available at: https://electionexpert.odihr.pl/Home/HomeIndex
The selection process will be finalised by 7 October 2020; successful and reserve observers will be informed by 8 October 2020. If you do not have a positive message by 8 October that means that you have not been selected.
Please save your application as “YOUR SURNAME-Your-Name-STO”.