Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) has been working with the Parliament of Kenya since 2011. WFD is currently focused on enabling the Parliament of Kenya to establish the practices and procedures necessary for it to deliver on its expanded Constitutional mandate.
To effectively contribute to this work, WFD seeks expertise to support development of a parliamentary guide to understand the Auditor General Reports for both levels of government. The guide will provide key issues that oversight institutions such as parliamentary committees and Civil Society Organizations may rely on while undertaking review of Auditor General Report(s).
The task will be to develop a practical, user friendly and accessible parliamentary guide for understanding national and county audit reports.
Specifically, the expert will deliver on:
- A simplified guide on Understanding National and County Audit Reports
- A participatory 2-day online/in-person training for the target audience(s) on the usage of the guide.
- Report to WFD. The expert/firm will make a detailed, high-level presentation to WFD on general findings on strong areas of understanding, and where relevant, recommendations for follow-up.
The Consultant will be expected to undertake the assignment within 10 days spread within the month of January 2021. The assignment is expected to start as soon as a contract is awarded.
Proposals may be submitted by individuals, teams of experts or consultancy firms, etc. The selected contractor shall demonstrate proven experience in the topics outlined. Knowledge and experience of Kenya is essential.
The consultants or consultancy firms interested in this assignment are expected to submit proposals (both technical and financial) with CVs of the proposed team.
The technical proposal must detail the following:
- Objectives and understanding of the assignment, including where relevant, initial indicative topics/areas of focus the consultant(s)/firm expects to be included in the parliamentary guide
- Expected outputs and product
- Specific working approach and work plan
- Tentative timeline and deadlines
- Consultant CV or consultant team list (name/position within the team/qualification/task for each member/number of working days) and CVs for each one of them which covers his/her experience and track records in similar undertakings.
The consultant/consultancy firm is also expected to submit financial (budget) estimates to deliver the assignment, together with an itemized breakdown of professional fees and activity expenses.
Interested parties are requested to submit their proposal responding to the terms of reference. The deadline for submission of expressions of interest is 21st January 2021. Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and Cc email@example.com.
Please indicate “Proposal submission to develop parliamentary guide” in the subject line of your email application.
Read the terms of reference