Context: The Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is the UK’s democracy assistance agency, working in partnership with political parties, parliaments and civil society organisations around the world to create more inclusive, accountable and transparent democratic systems. WFD strengthens the capacity of these key democratic institutions, helping ensure they have the systems, knowledge and skills to […]
Call for an assignment on political party transparency – Western Balkans Senior Expert
The Westminster Foundation for Democracy is looking for an expert/s to conduct a research on political party transparency in the Western Balkans using WFD’s newly developed methodology.
Applications deadline: 23 August, 2021
Context and objectives
In order to better understand political party transparency issues and potential implications for WFDs work in the Western Balkans in 2019 and 2020 WFD tested and developed a research methodology on political party transparency.
The research methodology measures political party transparency in three main pillars: Intra Party Democracy; Party Finances and Outreach and Communications. WFD developed 67 indicators for measuring party practices and policies and these three pillars which will be the basis for developing a political party transparency index for the Western Balkans.
The objectives of the research assignment are to:
- Train researchers who will conduct PPTI research in Albania, BiH, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia and Kosovo;
- Provide support and mentoring to researchers;
- Refine research questions, indicators and the methodology if needed;
- Work with WFD to organise a regional conference in the Western Balkans to present findings to political parties which have participated in the research;
- Extract findings and learning from the research for internal WFD purposes;
- Develop a learning paper on political party transparency and developing an index for measurement;
- Compile data sets from all parties participating in the research and develop a pilot Western Balkans PPT index.
An email with your expression of interest and relevant documents should be sent to the Western Balkans regional office at email@example.com by 23 August, 2021.
WFD is looking for a parliamentary advisor to support its Supporting Democratic Stability in Bangsamoro Programme. The Parliamentary Advisor will work closely with the programme team to guide, plan and organise parliamentary engagements. The Parliamentary Advisor will be expected to provide bespoke advisory support to members and staff of the Bangsamoro Parliament across several technical […]
Context Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is delivering the Global Equality Project (GEP), in collaboration with the Kaleidoscope Trust (KT), an eight-month programme funded by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), to work with decision-makers and civic actors to make progress towards advancing gender equality and LGBT+ inclusion. The programme will be delivered […]