Those interested in democracy and good governance should be alive to both the risks and the opportunities posed by the coronavirus pandemic – their voices could make the difference between setback and progress.
WFD supports individual parties and party networks, both regionally and internationally.
We have supported political parties in developing and presenting platforms and policies with coherent ideology, responding to voter priorities and the challenges that societies face, and adopting more inclusive practices.
WFD supports political parties through four dedicated programmes, which are led by UK political parties:
- the Conservative Party;
- the Labour Party;
- the Scottish National Party;
- our Multi-Party Office, which covers the other UK political parties.
This unique institutional arrangement has enabled UK political parties to play an active role internationally, supporting the development of sister parties, political movements and activists in developing countries.
The parties’ work includes:
- advancing women’s political leadership;
- developing more inclusive political organisations, including with young people, people with disabilities, the LGBT+ community, and other minority groups;
- membership recruitment;
- and building effective, accountable and transparent organisations.