The government had to quickly adjust many decisions, including the state annual budget to address the problems and effects caused by the Covid-19 crisis. The budget of the health sector was increased to secure the necessary safeguards, medical staff, equipment and other related needs to cope with the situation not only in the hospitals dedicated to Covid-19, but also in the regional ones.
Furthermore, there were several foreign donors that offered their assistance to Albania to better cope with the pandemic. WFD in Albania in cooperation with the organization Together for Life conducted a monitoring of the budget implementation allocated to the health sector for the period March-September 2020. This report also considers the transparency and proportionality of financial assistance made available by the Ministry of Health and Social Protection in order to provide the necessary safeguards, equipment and other related needs to cope with the Covid-19 situation in hospitals in the country.
- How much was allocated to the health sector during this period?
- Has the Ministry of Health and Social Protection managed the budget transparently following the standard procurement rules?
- How much have hospitals benefited from this budget?
- Where did the bulk of expenses go?
- How much did foreign and individual donors contribute?
This resource is available in Albanian