Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) has released a study which assesses the dynamics and potential of the most prominent social (civic) movements in Albania. The study provides an insight into their activities, capacity and impact in advocating the public interest, as well as the general public’s perception of them. The study uses mixed research methods, including a survey of 1018 citizens in seven regions of the country.
Of the several initiatives that have developed in the country, the study focuses on the six most prominent movements, including Nisma Thurje, Political Organisation, Alternativa, Alliance for the Protection of the National Theatre, Vetëvendosja (Self-Determination), and EcoAlbania.
The study answers the following questions:
- Do Albanian citizens know about the new civic movements?
- Are Albanians tired of traditional political parties and are they ready to vote for the /new ones?
- What are the profiles of the new movements?
- Have Albanian citizens participated in the activities of the new movements?
- Can these movements trigger social and political change?
This resource is available in Albanian