24 January 2022
WFD Albania in cooperation with Together for Life has monitored the Health State Budget for the period September 2020 - April 2021. Furthermore, it has monitored the State Health Budget for Reimbursements related to Covid 19 and Investment in Medical Equipment for the same period.
These reports serve not only as a unique monitoring effort, but also as advocacy tools to be used by civil society and the public to further improve the health system to better serve the citizens in need.
The reports address the following questions:
- What are the total expenses on health spent by the government?
- How is the health state budget distributed among the main categories?
- How much did the primary and secondary health care services benefit?
- How much benefited the national medical emergency service?
- What are the planned Covid 19 pandemic management costs for 2021?
- How many citizens benefited from the reimbursement packages for Covid 19 treatment?
- What are the main investments in medical equipment needed to cope with the pandemic?
- How much did Albania benefit from the foreign aid and donors to face the pandemic?
For further information and details, please find the reports below.